- Keep in touch with your group (via email, facebook, skype, msn, etc.), if you have the possibility, do what you can.
- Collect research material: At the very least on your own to show the team when you meet again.
- Sketches of the idea of concept based on which Art direction style you would like to see the show go in.
- Clear idea of genre/mood in the trailer.
- Research trailer styles and how different genres connect with different trailer styles.
- Research genre and begin "concept/look" development.
- Explore styles and possibilities to have concepts at the beginning of the concept teaching.
- Keep in mind that concept is an ongoing process from development through storyboard.
We expect you to have the following things ready for this day (the 30th):
- Concept ideas for your trailer.
- Sketches of your characters and environments
- Reference images for mood/style guide.
- An answer to the question "why are you considering this/these genres for your film?"
- Rough Key story beats
And always remember: